Monday, October 19, 2009

New Challenge

I know this isn't much, but yesterday it was 80 degrees in Bismarck and after lunch I couldn't wait to get outside. We had spent the day at the lake on Saturday seeding the grass. I didn't work too hard, but I did rake some leaves just to pass the time. Gryffen wanted to jump off the fence into a pile of leaves, so he kept asking me to rake more and more and I thought, why not? I'm getting exercise and my son wants to do something fun. So while it wasn't much exercise, it was better than sitting down doing nothing. As for Sunday, when we did go out after lunch (which was open face turkey sandwiches that were yummy), I rode bike in the back yard with Gavyn. He made a dirt bike trail in the tree row, so to get back there I had to ride my bike to the back of our yard. Now, I know that doesn't sound like much and when you look at the yard you do not see an incline, but let me tell you when you are my size trying to ride a bike that is probably not the right size and you are going up a slight incline, it sucks! When we got to the trail, it was slightly wet, which created mud on the tires, so now add about 5 or 8 extra pounds of mud-weight to the already difficult biking terrain and it was an asthma attack waiting to happen. I'll pause here so you can catch your breath because I know you are laughing your tush off! So anyway, after one round on the trail, I had to decline another round. So Gryffen and I took Murry for a walk around the block and Gavyn rode my bike with us trying to get the mud off the tires. So my whole point in all of this is that I did exercise of some sort 2 days in a row. I had to skip lunch today at work due to some scheduling issues so I am leaving an hour early, which means I am going to go to the gym. I have my bag in the car and was planning to check in later with Brent to make sure he could get the boys from school so I could go, but now since I'm leaving early, that won't even be an issue. When I got to work today, I had an email from my Butts and Guts instructor. He said we were having class tonight, but the last time we met, he'd pretty much said he was going to give our class refunds and start over in January if anyone wanted to. So I assumed we were done and hadn't planned on going. We have some stuff going on tonight and if it weren't for me getting off early today, I'd try to accomodate going, but since I'm planning to go to the gym anyway, I may not go to Butts and Guts. Although, as an added bonus, I really should. So my new challenge is to get back on track with exercising regularly and to use the food tracker thing SheShe is going to send me. So ladies, let's get refocused and back on track!!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you there!! Lets start the challenge over!! Or maybe it doesn't need to be started over, just "tweaked"!!! there that sounds much better!!!! I better mail your journal tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete