Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What happened?

Yesterday was not the best eating day nor did I make it to the gym. I started off ok with breakfast, which was malt-o-meal, then veggies for a snack, but that wasn't doing the trick, so I had some wheat thins with squeeze cheese. How is that stuff even cheese; you don't have to refrigerate it? Lunch was a slice of pizza and a couple sips of coke at a benefit lunch we went to. I won't feel guilty about that because it helped one family defray some medical costs. The son played baseball with Gavyn this summer, so we are glad we could do our part. I had some cherries and a brownie for a snack. I did not have time to get to the gym as we had 2 appointments after work. After both appointments, we went to Johnny Carino's for supper. It was good and the boys both even had left-overs. We waited for dessert until we got home where my husband had purchased the brownie bite things from Sam's club yesterday. They were not as good as usual, they were very dry, but I managed to shove 3 or 4 of them in my mouth before stopping. We did a number of projects and crossed off some of the items on our 'to-do' list and tucked the boys in. Brent and I managed to complete a few more 'to-dos' and I reached for a bed snack about 10:30, then decided I wasn't hungry and didn't need anything to eat. He left to head to Walmart to get another 'to-do' completed and I opened the fridge. He wasn't there to see what I would eat, so I was going to pig out. I didn't!!! That was my one and only victory for the day, but it was a very big one! My goal is to hit the gym tonight. We are having fish of some sort for supper, so that should be healthy; either salmon or halibut and beets for sure since our garden is over-run with them. It's easy to see how quickly one can get off track. I didn't go to the gym yesterday and already I feel like I failed when comparing it to 4 times last week alone! I will not let this set me back, but rather I will get thru one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment