Thursday, August 20, 2009

Disappointed, but not discouraged

Well, like my wise brother-in-law states 'you should not weigh yourself every day'. I weighed this morning and was up 1 from yesterday. I will not get discouraged because that is still 2 less than when I began. I wasn't careful to fit in my water yesterday, only about 40 ounces. Nuts seem to be my downfall. I had a bag of almonds on my desk for protein you know. Well, the bag is 2 and 1/2 servings and I ate the whole bag-thoughout the day, not all at once. But still, I have it in my head that they are ok for you, aside from the fat content but yet it's the right kind of fat and they are high in protein. One is the WW philosophy and the other is my former trainer's philosophy. The problem is I need to adhere to ONE philosophy or I sabbatoge myself! I did not want to go to the gym last night. We are going out of town this weekend and I have a ton of things to get done before we go. I made myself go because I made a committment to myself and I felt SO GOOD when I was done. I warmed up with the 5 minute brisk walk, ran for 11 minutes straight, walked 2, ran 3 more minutes then cooled off with a brisk walking pace until I reached 2 miles, which was just a hair over 30 minutes. I know I don't run very fast, but I think that's why I can keep going; because I keep a slow, steady pace. I noticed a sign at the gym last night for a new class starting in September called Zumba. I think it's kind of like a dance/exercise class. I am going to try to attend because it sounds interesting and will compliment my Guts and Butts class and will add a little variety. It's on Wednesday nights. So Mon-G&B, Tues-run/walk, Wed-Zumba, Thurs-G&B and then I should do a day of weights. I'll post how the class is if I attend. Yesterday I ate ok, except for maybe the almonds-too much fat for the day. Then for supper I had 1/2 serving of egg beaters (I love those things), a tiny scoop of hashbrowns (cooked in butter which was so bad, but tasted so good-but I felt guilty after eating them) and 4 slices of french toast. Before you all freak out too bad, it was WW bread so it was only 1 pt a piece, so I figure my whole supper was probably only 8 points if I were counting. I think the problem was the time. We didn't eat until about 6:30 or shortly after. By then, I was really hungry. The other thing is that Brent wasn't home for supper. He got it started, then had to leave. Because he wasn't there, I ate more. He never says anything about what I eat, but I am cognizant of what I'm eating and when he's not there I eat more. I know it's stupid, but it's what happens. SO, back on track for today. For breakfast I had oatmeal. I did put a little hazelnut coffee creamer in it for flavor, but I did only eat about 3/4 of it. For snacks today I have cherries, broc/cauliflower/carrots, a Special K bar, blueberries and an apple (again, a little too much fruit, but I sometimes don't eat it all, but just leave it on my desk for the next day). Lunch is a ham sandwich on WW bread again and maybe a few pretzel sticks. I brought some Crystal Lite water flavors for today too. I was reading the labels last night and even tho they are just flavors, I only got the ones with 0 everything; no sodium, calories, etc. Then it's off to Guts and Butts tonight again. (It'd better not be raining or we won't get to go). 3 days down, ??? more to go.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for going to the gym!! I am not sure what kind of plan you are followig but what I see for yesterday is alot of carbs!! You had malt- o meal for breakfast, a sand for lunch, pretzels for snack, hashbrowns and more bread of supper. So do you realize you had 6 pieces of bread yesterday. But like you said if you were following WW it would work out, but your old trainer it wouldn't work. I used to eat that much bread all the time, breakfast was toast, lunch a sand and supper something with bread. Maybe try eating eggs for breakfast, I heard on Oprha that they were the best breakfast food. Then for lunch try like ham salad or chicken salad without the bread. No crackers either. I had chicken salad yesterday on a bun, however I did not put the bun together I left them open faced so I tricked myself into thinking I had 2 sandwiches!!!! Try that maybe Sorry I picked apart your food but that's what I am here for and that is what I see!!! Your off to a great start so don't get discouraged!!!

    ReplyDelete