Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Weakness

If any of you reading this recall, I did say I was going to give up beer for a while. I told myself after 5 or 10 pounds, I would reward myself with a cold beer. Well, I am off the wagon already and not because I lost the requisite poundage. We went to Leek Lake in MN this weekend with some friends to their cabin. I think there is something about being at the lake and a requirement of beer drinking, but that could just be me.... Friday night after work started off bad for food. We were late getting out of town, so we stopped by Arby's for a quick sandwich (it was not quick as we sat in the drive-thru for over 25 minutes and they messed up my order!!). I had a roast beef sandwhich with 1 potato patty thing-kinda like a little hash brown patty. I hate those curly fries, so I ordered the patty thing. I drank water and had 2 pieces of licorice and 2 hershey kisses on the way. When we got to the cabin around 11:00, I had 2 pina colada's and some pretzels. Breakfast the next day was 2 small cinnamon roll things and coffee. Lunch was taco salad and fresh fruit and a scotcheroo. About 2:00, I cracked my first beer. After about 4 or 5, I decided to get my arms in shape by clinging to the tube as we were sailing around the lake. I got in a few swimming laps as my graceful body planted itself in the drink more than once. After the 2nd time and feeling a little like barfing, I had had enough of the dragging and got back in the boat for another beer. Supper was lasagna and garlic bread, both of which were small pieces, a brownie and a scotcheroo. One more beer by the campfire and to bed early. Breakfast Sunday morning was a breakfast taco (nummy!!); a soft shell taco with browned sausage, scrambled eggs and cheese. I had a couple cups of coffee too. Lunch was a burger and more fresh fruit and before hitting the boat for the afternoon, another scotcheroo and a beer and finally one more beer for the ride. I tried tubing again and this time, did not fall out which is a good thing because Gryffen was on my lap and I was terrified he would fall out, but he loved every second of it as did Gavyn. We left the cabin about 5:15 to begin the long ride home. I had a couple hershey kisses, some licorice and a sprite on the way. I have not had any pop for about 2 weeks, so it tasted so good, yet not very good if that makes sense. We stopped in Jamestown and grabbed a Little Ceaser's pizza and stopped at our lake cabin on the way home. We got home about 9:30 and I had a tiny scotcheroo before bed. I swear I am not making those things for a really long time because I love them so much I can't stay away from them. I had taken my running stuff to go running each morning, but we couldn't seem to get going, so while the weekend was fun and I drank beer and ate some junk, I will not get discouraged. Today already has been an ok eating day so far and I will go to Guts and Butts tonight. My friend and I are meeting earlier than the class to get a walk in.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I think our weekends sound pretty similar. It's not realistic to think that there won't be weekends that we "fall off the wagon". The important thing is to remember to climb back up, dust ourselves off, and get back to work! Have a great class tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a really fun time. I knew you would have some beer!! You can't beat yourself up about this weekend, just move on. I bet when your doing your class tonight you will be thinking, "why the hell did I eat and drink that stuff this weekend" which will be a good thing, if you don't there is something wrong with you. Just a hint for you nexxt time, how about you try taking a trip in the car with NO CANDY!!!! Take pea pods and grapes!!!! We actually take turkey sandwiches with us know when we travel and some fruit. It may not be as "good tasting" as the fast food but it does the trick!!!!!!!! Have a great class tonight!

    ReplyDelete