Thursday, January 14, 2010

Zumba

Well, the New Year has started and so far so good on the resolution. I have made far better food choices and better use of my time at home with my family. I have some lofty goals this year, but I am determined this will be my year. I will turn 36 in a few days and I refuse to be the same person I have been. She is not the person I saw myself being when I grew up. Now, I've set the goals; accomplishing them will take planning, discipline and time. We are 14 days into the new year and so far, so good. Last week I went to a Zumba class at the Y. I loved it. It's kinda like jammin' dancing. I have gone 4 times and I plan to keep going. The class is very popular and last night there were over 70 people in the class. I'm not all that coordinated, but I don't really care. There are a lot of little hotties in the class, but that doesn't bother me. I sweat my ass off and I don't care that I might look like a chubby dork. In a few months I hope to be less chubby and less dorky!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, staying on track and getting to the gym!! Glad you like the Zumba so well. 70 people that is NUTS!! Is it in the gym or what, man that room must smell when the class is over!! haha No one is even watching you so who cares what you look like, just have fun!! This will be your year, so keep it up!! Have you used the cards I gave you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you have enough room to move with all of those people? We don't have Zumba but we have Soul Grooves at our gym. It's so fun! I think they are similar classes.

    It's good to see you back on here again!

    ReplyDelete